• "Journeying through Grief," is a series of four short books by Kenneth C. Haugk and produced by Stephen Ministries, which are sent at four crucial times during the first year after the loss of a loved one. The cost is $9.95 for the set. Visitwww.stephenministries.org to order.
• The archdiocesan Office of Laity and Family Life recommends several booklets available from Elizabeth Ministry for parents who have lost an infant before birth. They include "Miscarriage -- A Book for Parents," "Miscarriage -- A Man's Book," "Healing Together For Couples Grieving the Death of Their Baby," "Suffering a Stillbirth or Newborn Death," "My Baby's Feet," "Mourning a Miscarriage: Prayers for a Couple Grieving the Death of Their Unborn Child" and "Walking Through: Hope for the Grieving Heart." Those booklets and more can be ordered by visiting www.elizabethministry.com.
• The archdiocesan Office of Sacred Worship is offering a funeral workshop, "From Death to new Life: Celebrating as a Christian Family," Saturday, Nov. 16, from 9 a.m.-noon at the Cardinal Rigali Center. The workshop will cover the rituals and steps to planning a funeral, and is an opportunity for priests, deacons, those in parish ministry and the laity to discover new resources, tips and suggestions for planning a funeral. Cost is $5 per person. For more information or to register, call Amy Buehrle at (314) 792-7231.
• Father Joe Kempf, pastor of Assumption Parish in O'Fallon, recently republished a book on grief, "No One Cries the Wrong Way" (Our Sunday Visitor, $14.95). He also has a children's book, "Sometimes Life is Just Not Fair: Hope for Kids Through Grief and Loss," ($19.95 Our Sunday Visitor). To order and for more resources from Father Kempf, visit www.welovebigal.com.
Catholic Cemeteries to open Divine Mercy Mausoleum
Catholic Cemeteries offers card as a special remembrance
Camp brings magic to kids grieving loss of a loved one
Longtime missionaries' return is a cross to bear
Catholic Cemeteries reports 2,235 burials in FY 2012-13
Catholic Cemeteries offers grave decoration removals
Mass in memory of children Dec. 8
- Christian Marriage | Retrouvaille provides start for healing and hope when couples face conflict
- Archdiocese to host Nov. 5 enrichment day for grief ministers
- Parish grief ministry is all a part of evangelization
- Resources, advice help couples getting married in the Church
- Workshop on grief ministry set
- News »
- Virtual Vestibule »
- Year of Mercy
- Living Our Faith
- Church Teaching »
- Opinion »
- Event/Job postings »
- Education »