Cardinal-designate Burke's biography
Submitted on October 20, 2010
Review file photo
PersonalBorn: June 30, 1948, Richland Center, Wis. Parish of Origin: Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church, Richland Center, Wis. Priesthood Ordination: June 29, 1975, St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City. Episcopal Ordination: Ordained a bishop at St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City, by Pope John Paul II on Jan. 6, 1995. Installed as eighth bishop of La Crosse at the Cathedral of St. Joseph the Workman in La Crosse, Wis, by Archbishop Rembert G. Weakland, 1995.
A subscription is required to access this content.
Current online and print subscribers, click here to login and view this article.
Please click here to subscribe to the St. Louis Review. You may subscribe to the online edition only or both the online and print editions.If you already have a subscription and are still unable to access this information, please contact the St. Louis Review.
- Friend, former classmate shares personal side of Cardinal-designate Burke
- Cardinal-designate Burke has rich history in St. Louis
- Statement by Cardinal-designate Raymond L. Burke on being elevated to Cardinal
- Audio greeting from Cardinal Raymond L. Burke
- Cardinal Burke has strong connection with North American College
- News »
- Papal News
- Religious Liberty
- Living Our Faith »
- Church Teaching »
- Opinion »
- Year of Faith
- Special Sections »