Dear Father | Bullying needs to be addressed, made source of strength
I am a 13-year-old boy in Catholic school considering a vocation to the priesthood. My classmates all think that this is cool and respect it. But some friends in my Boy Scout troop think it is funny to call me “chimo,” meaning child molester. I remind them that they are Catholic, but they just say, “So?” The scoutmaster keeps his eye out, but they do it when he is not around. Please, how should I respond to these kids and others in a respectful, Christ-like way?
A subscription is required to access this content.
Current online and print subscribers, click here to login and view this article.
Please click here to subscribe to the St. Louis Review. You may subscribe to the online edition only or both the online and print editions.If you already have a subscription and are still unable to access this information, please contact the St. Louis Review.
- Dear Father | Bullying needs to be addressed, made source of strength
- DEAR FATHER | When saints intercede for a specific need
- DEAR FATHER | Key to understanding need for music at Mass lies in concept of gradation
- 'Dear Father' | Mass is holy and needs reverence, not theatrics
- 'Dear Father' | Need for vigilance in overseeing materials on the faith
- News »
- Virtual Vestibule »
- Year of Mercy
- Living Our Faith
- Church Teaching »
- Opinion »
- Event/Job postings »
- Education »