Before the Cross | We must be good stewards of the gifts God has given us
You shall not steal (Exodus 20:15; Deuteronomy 5:19).
The Seventh Commandment forbids unjustly taking or keeping the goods of one's neighbor and wronging him or her in any way with respect to the material possessions that rightfully belong to another. It also means it is a sin to cheat on your income tax!
A subscription is required to access this content.
Current online and print subscribers, click here to login and view this article.
Please click here to subscribe to the St. Louis Review. You may subscribe to the online edition only or both the online and print editions.If you already have a subscription and are still unable to access this information, please contact the St. Louis Review.
- BEFORE THE CROSS | Failing to follow God’s law has consequences
- BEFORE THE CROSS | Marriage is a vocation, a gift from God
- Before the Cross | We are called to respond as stewards of God's generosity
- BEFORE THE CROSS | Faith: The act by which we believe in God and all that He has revealed
- Before the Cross | Amassing earthly goods without limits is not God's plan for us
- News »
- Virtual Vestibule »
- Year of Mercy
- Living Our Faith
- Church Teaching »
- Opinion »
- Event/Job postings »
- Education »