Corpus Christi celebration at St. Anthony of Padua
St. Anthony of Padua Parish in South St. Louis held a Eucharistic procession in honor of the Solemnity of Corpus Christi. Father Jim Lause, O.F.M., pastor of St. Anthony of Padua, celebrated the Mass, which commemorates Catholic devotion to the Eucharist. He was assisted by his brother Franciscan priests and visiting priests from Kenrick-Glennon Seminary.
To show their love for Christ in the Eucharist parishioners publicly processed around the neighborhood behind a monstrance containing the sacred host. The faithful stopped at three temporary outdoor altars for Benediction and were accompanied with a marching band, the Knights of Columbus and First Communicants.
- St. Anthony of Padua still fosters an immigrant community 150 years later
- Corpus Christi to be celebrated this weekend
- Feast of Corpus Christi to be celebrated this weekend
- Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke celebrates Mass in St. Louis for Eucharistic Congress | with homily
- Corpus Christi Procession at the Cathedral Basilica
- News »
- Papal News
- Religious Liberty
- Living Our Faith »
- Church Teaching »
- Opinion »
- Special Sections »