Pope treated to lunch for fifth anniversary of election
VATICAN CITY -- The Holy Father celebrated the fifth anniversary of his pontificate on April 19, just after returning to Rome from a busy weekend trip to the Mediterranean island of Malta. The College of Cardinals organized a lunch with the Pope as the guest of honor to mark the occasion, while the Italian Church called for a day of prayer for him.
A subscription is required to access this content.
Current online and print subscribers, click here to login and view this article.
Please click here to subscribe to the St. Louis Review. You may subscribe to the online edition only or both the online and print editions.If you already have a subscription and are still unable to access this information, please contact the St. Louis Review.
- High Mass in extraordinary form honors pope's fifth anniversary
- Mary teaches people to treat others with respect, pope says
- No new business until next pope arrives | Carefully regulated transition period will end with election of new pope
- Archbishop Carlson receives his pallium from Pope Benedict XVI
- Pope names 24 new cardinals, including two from United States
- News »
- Papal News
- Religious Liberty
- Living Our Faith »
- Church Teaching »
- Opinion »
- Year of Faith
- Special Sections »