'Dear Father' | The Eucharist is part of our unity, even in sorrow
Submitted on February 17, 2010
By Father John Carl Lombardi, MSF
I was at a funeral where the priest announced before Communion that only Catholics who are properly disposed may receive Communion. Do you think the priest was right in making such a statement during such a sorrowful time?
A subscription is required to access this content.
Current online and print subscribers, click here to login and view this article.
Please click here to subscribe to the St. Louis Review. You may subscribe to the online edition only or both the online and print editions.If you already have a subscription and are still unable to access this information, please contact the St. Louis Review.
- DEAR FATHER | Church tradition plays part in understanding Real presence in the Eucharist
- DEAR FATHER | Indulgences play a small part in restoring justice
- Dear Father | Holy water helps us prepare to receive the sacraments
- DEAR FATHER | Confession should drain the wound caused by sin
- DEAR FATHER | Virtual confession erodes inherent elements of sacrament
- News »
- Virtual Vestibule »
- Year of Mercy
- Living Our Faith
- Church Teaching »
- Opinion »
- Event/Job postings »
- Education »