Visit to the Church in China finds the Catholic faith is alive as people follow the Lamb in the Land of the Dragon
BEIJING — The Catholic faith is alive and flourishing in the Diocese of Beijing.
That is the message the people of the North Church, Beitang in Chinese, want to convey and is evident upon a visit there. I attended Mass in the church and spoke with the pastor, Father Peter Liu Yongbin, and associate, Father Sun, during a recent visit to China’s capital city.
A subscription is required to access this content.
Current online and print subscribers, click here to login and view this article.
Please click here to subscribe to the St. Louis Review. You may subscribe to the online edition only or both the online and print editions.If you already have a subscription and are still unable to access this information, please contact the St. Louis Review.
- Working together with new mission advancement initiative, our Catholic schools will be Alive in Christ!
- Results of "Alive in Christ" listening sessions, survey
- Papal message | Pope appeals for prayers for Catholics in China
- Local Catholics called to open the door of faith
- A way of life ... A way of love: Catholic couples find natural family planning helps improve marriage, faith and family
- News »
- Papal News
- Religious Liberty
- Living Our Faith »
- Church Teaching »
- Opinion »
- Year of Faith
- Special Sections »